Followers

Monday, April 22, 2013

Unexpected Day Off and My First Freebie!

No, it's not a snow day. At least, not here in Phoenix.
Long story short, I was battling a terrible headache for forever (aka for the past five days) and it was particularly bad on the weekend. Like stand-up-and-you-feel-like-fainting-because-you-are-dizzy. Not fun at all.
This morning I did feel better, but I decided to take a sick day in hopes to shake it completely because I have to be at school tomorrow and Wednesday. 

Tomorrow is our final day to get our book ready for the Student Publishing program. If you have never heard of it, it's a wonderful, FREE program that lets kids write and publish their own stories. For K-2 students, a classbook is made; for 3-5 students, each student gets their own book. Did I mention it's free?? My kids are really excited about having their book becoming a published book for all to read.
And we still have lots to do... partially because I put it off for awhile because it was a daunting task to get started. Especially being a first year teacher.
(Mental note: Next year, start it earlier!!)
Some kids have to finish illustrating, we have to finish the cover page, dedication page, and title page. And I have to assemble it all. And put all the kids' pictures on the pages. And take pictures of my newest friends. And print them. Yikes!

On Wednesday, we are going on a field trip to Cici's Pizza. The kiddos will get a tour of the restaurant, and then they get to make their own pizzas to eat for lunch. Teachers get to as well. Not that I'm excited or anything...I love pizza. And I have never been to Cici's. 
But I have seen lots of commercials on TV for them. And it always sounds quite delicious.

Anyways, guess what?! I have created my very first freebie for you all! Last week, my students worked on adding another addition strategy to their math toolbelt - friendly numbers. So I made this little pack up (pretty quickly too for my first time making one) and I am going to share it with you all. Please let me know what you think since it is my very first one! 
Pretty please and thank you!


Click on the picture to grab it!!

Here's hoping this headache goes away soon! Hope everyone had a great Monday! I only have 24 days of school left! How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Yuck on the headache! I had one all weekend, too. Thankfully, it was gone when I got up this morning. I am totally checking out the Student Publishing Program...thanks for passing on the info! :)

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with my May freebies! Hope you feel better!

    Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete