Followers

Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's a New Week...

Yikes, I have been such a terrible blogger. But in my defense, I had the worst week of my (small) teaching career last week. I had meetings every day after school and two before school. I was just physically and emotionally so exhausted and overworked, and I have never looked forward to the weekend more than this one. 

This weekend was so nice and needed. For starters, I was able to sleep in BOTH days! Normally I can only manage to sleep in on Sunday, but I was so wiped out that I snoozed until 7:00 both days. So wonderful. And Evan and I went to the Arizona Audubon Center last night for this adorable Halloween activity. Granted it was aimed at kids, but still fun nonetheless. And we went to Culver's too! Culver's is one of my favorite places to eat. Their food tastes so yummy and it's a little bit of home since it originated in Wisconsin. And I got to talk to a dear friend whom I haven't been able to call in a long time. It was wonderful to hear her voice and since she's a teacher too, we spent our whole conversation talking about school! And wedding planning too! 
But the most important part of the weekend is that I feel rested and rejuvenated for a new week. Which is a good thing since I'm having my first formal observation tomorrow. Yikes!! I'm a little nervous, but I think it will go well since I'll be teaching writing and writing is my all time favorite thing to teach.

Well, here's hoping this week is better than last week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment